two parallel profibus cables

Kataeb

Hy, we need to connect, a master with 1 profibus port, to a slave with 1 profibus port, using two parallel profibus cables. Which hardware can we use for this? Could it be repeaters? Or couplers? Thank you

Our customer has some fears that the cables might get damaged, as they are passing through dangerous zones. So he is insisting on two profibus cables, without any redundant hardware! Thanks

No, you cannot lay parallel Profibus cobber cables.

May I suggest that you switch to Profinet, and make a ring connection. You have to use devices that support MRP (Media Redundancy Protocol).

Similar Topics

So I have a sort of unique situation where I'm wanting to run a PF755 from the IO and over ethernet. Of course, this comes with it's own set of...
Replies
Views
dear all.. i am designing the Sea Water Intake pump which the 4 pumps will be operated parallel, and 1 pump will be as stand by pump The pump data...
Replies
Views
I’m working on getting a Parallel Redundancy Protocol PRP system set up in a lab situation. The L73 PLC is in rack 4. 3 io racks are 1,2,3. I...
Replies
Views
I am trying to use level switches to control a valve. If a level switch goes hi, it closes a valve. I am using ONS to keep the switches...
Replies
Views
I have 2 Absolute Encoders 8192 steps per Rev. (Model TR Electronic CEV65m-11003) These Encoders communicate to the PLC5-60 via Parallel push/pull...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom