PanelView 1250 fault 40 EXE Check

lsam

I changed power supply for compactLogix and now PanelView 1250 is showing an error message on black bootup screen. The screen reads as follows.

Copyright 2007 Rockwell Automation, Inc.
All rights reserved

40 EXE Check BBC G
EBC 2.7.2

ERROR! FEHLER! ERREUR! ERRORE!

The fault LED is lit on the left side of the Logic Module.
I pushed the reset button on the Logic Module, the Fault LED went out but came back on 5 seconds later, and now the touchscreen isn"t showing anything. The communication cable jack LEDs show activity with the cable plugged in.

The PanelView 1250 worked when I first turned power back on after installing the new power supply(PA3). There were a couple of errors on screen pertaining to the project that had loaded after the project had started which had things to do with machine setup. I pushed an e-stop and could not get the PanelView to come back on afterwards, even after several attempts at powering down the machine, waiting 30 seconds each time and restarting the machine.

So my question is "Did changing the PLC power supply cause this to happen even though the PanelView gets 24vdc power from its own source totally independent from the PA3 power supply?". If this is not the cause, does anyone have any good suggestions that doesn't have anything to do with replacing the entire unit?

:unsure:

Anyone that is checking this thread out may need to know that the PanelView is now running. Earlier when I had opened the door to the cabinet in which this PV is mounted I noticed a good bit of brown dust laying in the bottom of the cabinet directly below the wireway entry into the cabinet. Upon further investigation I found that same kind of dust on top of the Logic Module for the PV. I know that you're not supposed to use unfiltered compressed air when cleaning electronics but sometimes you've gotta do what you've gotta do to get the job done. So, after using the compressed air at the machine to clean out the cabinet and Logic Module, with the power off of course, I turned the power to the machine back on and 'Presto' new life is now back in the PV. It came on with absolutely no error messages, not even in loading of the project which has always happened since it rolled into our plant. I will most likely order a replacement for it to have here when it does finally fail for the last time due to the fact that it is sometimes a long wait to get some AB parts.