Mobile SCADA/HMI monitoring

Ian762

Does anyone use mobile devices for monitoring SCADA systems? I am researching this option and looking for some suggestions on software platforms to look into. I would prefer something that would talk directly to the OPC server as opposed to an extension of an existing HMI application or direct PLC connection.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello,

So, from your question you want an OPC client on a mobile device? Most OPC clients are part of an HMI. An OPC client can be used for other purposes, e.g. data logging but, most are used to display the data in an HMI.

PeakHMI can connect to most devices and serve the data up on the PC or via a web browser. Since the code to send the data to the browser is all HTML we have not found a browser (phone, tablet, pad or computer) that did not work.

Yes, that is what I want, but I need something that can easily be implemented alongside and independent of existing OPC clients. Something that can connect to an existing OPC Server and be accessible over the web or WLAN.

I'll take a look at PeakHMI

Thanks

Maple Systems (Weintek) HMI's have a built in VNC server. It works with almost all VNC apps and gives you complete access to the HMI with password protection (up to 16 characters).
If you are going to implement VNC you have to be a bit careful about what you allow the outside world to get access to. I generally use a separate HMI for remote access and only put the stuff on it that I want the outside world to see.

Wonderware can handle that.

Document - http://global.wonderware.com/EN/PDF Library/Brochure_Wonderware_InTouch2012_2-12.pdf

Quote from Page 12, "Wonderware InTouch can be deployed to meet your specific requirements, from the traditional control room implementation with one or more monitors, to panel displays at an equipment location or manufacturing cell, to even a mobile operator moving through the facility using an Apple iPad."