Concept / Momentum - copy program to another PLC Model?

mjrusso45

Our company uses Schneider Momentum 171CCC96020 PLC's with our production system to capture press counts. I am using Concept 2.6XL SR6.

When we add machines, we buy another 171CCC96020, copy the config, ladder logic, and change the IP on the new PLC and install it. I've got that down.

I'd like to start buying 171CCC96030 model PLC's, as their availability is much higher and I can get them cheaper. They seem to be the same as the 96020, except they have 1MB of memory instead of 512k. However, I am unable to download to the new PLC, as Concept tells me "Controller type does not match the PLC type set in configuration database."

I've changed the project to the new model, and checked everywhere I can. Is there a way to convert a Concept project from one PLC model to another?

yes there is:
export your program in the software (only the configuration not)
then setup a new program and import the program, that should work.
you can change in configuration under resources, and you will need a new compile obvious.

Something is not working quite right. I have my current project open, and when I choose to export the program. File > Export > Program:Section(s). When it asks me to select section, the dialog window is blank. I know there are sections in the program. It even has the name of S01_000A5911.

We are only using 984 LL no IEC. It's a very simple LL.

I assume you meant everything except the configuration on the export?

Update: The PLC seems to be set up 171 CC 960 30-IEC. I am thinking this is the case because i can upload/download to the PLC when I tell Concept that it's an IEC. Is there any way to switch the PLC out of IEC mode so it can accept a 984 program? Really just looking for a master reset of some type.

The PLC itself doesn't seem to be marked as IEC or 984LL specific, so it seems like I should be able to switch it over.