Wonderware HMI PC Died!!!!!

sparkytex

Lifetime Supporting Member
Well Our Acid plant wonderware HMI PC kicked the dust this morning. I have to get a new PC up and running with the wonderware and the acid plant Program. I've never downloaded wonderware to a PC before and am not sure which disks I need. We use Invensys wonderware intouch Factory suite A2. Any ideas on Which disks I Need and how to Download the Acid plant program onto wonderware and get this badboy up and running. I'm super new to wonderware, I only use it to find PLC address's when i'm troubleshooting. Thanks!

I would contact Wonderware directly and let them know what company you are with to get you license information and then have them provide you with download links to whatever versions you were using.

Hopefully you have a robust backup solution in place as well for the restore!

Good Luck.

I would contact Wonderware directly and let them know what company you are with to get you license information and then have them provide you with download links to whatever versions you were using.

Hopefully you have a robust backup solution in place as well for the restore!

Good Luck.

We have a huge package from wonderware with all the disks in it, but like you said there's probably some liscene information i'll need to activate the software. Thank you

Hey Sparky... is it possible to give me what versions you were using..? Also, what you were communicating with (type PLC). If this is an emergency, I will gladly work with you to get it running. It shouldn't take long if we know the basics. Do you have a copy of the application...? Without this, you are in bad shape.

I can get you running off a temp license until Monday when you can contact the WW distributor in your geo. If you are in BC, that would be Wonderware Pacwest.

Phone: 888-449-2722
Email: [email protected]
Hours: 8am – 5pm Pacific and Mountain Time (Monday - Friday)

Hey Sparky... is it possible to give me what versions you were using..? Also, what you were communicating with (type PLC). If this is an emergency, I will gladly work with you to get it running. It shouldn't take long if we know the basics. Do you have a copy of the application...? Without this, you are in bad shape.

I can get you running off a temp license until Monday when you can contact the WW distributor in your geo. If you are in BC, that would be Wonderware Pacwest.

Phone: 888-449-2722
Email: [email protected]
Hours: 8am – 5pm Pacific and Mountain Time (Monday - Friday)

thank you so much for all the help guys, I ended up calling the wonderware support because we have a support agreement through them and they were fantastic!! everything ups and running and im currently creating a spare HMI computer, thanks again!

Soundsa like a system you should consider virtualizing. This would enable you to recover much faster and it would be hardware agnostic.

I agree with you, this was a nightmare to get going. Even with the new computer im setting up as a spare for our acid plant wonderware HMI is troublesome. I'm on the phone with wonderware again because I got everything up and running, everything's updating and the data coming in is true, but I cannot acknowledge the alarms, an error msg pops up under wonderware alarm view control and says “there are no records to show, cannot call AckGroup”. Fun stuff!!