Aromat HMI

lab

HI,
I have limited experience in programing plc, mostly used AB micrologix 1200 and 1500.I have just purchased a GT-30 Aromat HMI and would very much like to learn to programing it. My first question is , can this HMI be coupled with a Mitsubishi PLC (FX-01), and if so are there any precaution I should be aware of? and of course any pointers and advice pertain to integration of these to products aswell as programming tips would be Much appreciated.
Thanxs in advance
Lab

The Aromat (NAiS)website has free limited programs, the HMI is programmed by GTWIN software. As far as interconnectivity, Aromat makes their screens for their NAiS PLC's, if they will connect to another PLC it would be just short of a miracle.

Also, the GTWIN demo is fully functional for 10 screens (Screen 0 to Screen 9) while the full version addresses 256 screens (Screen 00 to Screen FFhex)

Miracles Occasionally Happen...

cnrservices said:
As far as interconnectivity, Aromat makes their screens for their NAiS PLC's, if they will connect to another PLC it would be just short of a miracle.

According to THIS PAGE, the GT-30 has drivers for the following:
  • Allen Bradley DF1 protocol
  • New Modbus RTU (supports AutomationDirect DL205, GE VersaNano)
  • Aromat all FP PLC
  • LG PLC
  • Mitsubishi FX series PLC
  • Omron PLC
  • Siemens S7 PPI
  • General Slave mode
Therefore, it should work with the FX-01. I don't know that it'll plug into the PLC's programming port. You may need an RS-232 adapter board... :confused:

beerchug

-Eric