AB 1395 Drives

MaintMike

Hi there:

I'm hoping someone out there is still familiar enough with the Allen Bradley 1395 drives to help me out.

I've been trouble shooting a 1395 drive (getting a CP-06 Phase Loss Intermittently, and all 3 phases are present). I've changed out and eliminated as a problem just about everything and it keeps bringing me back to the Main Control Board (which is listed as a possible problem in the troubleshooting guide). But when I swap the board I have communication problems so I can't hook up to it to configure the drive. I think it might be due to the Node adapter board. If I could transfer the parameters stored on the EPROM I think I could move on. Does anyone know which IC (UMC?) this would be?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mike Glide

Seems to me that the 1395 is a twin for the Reliance FlexPak 3000 DC drive. I've had a lot of experience with FlexPak 3000's but if that not the equivalent drive, then my help would be pretty limited.

Can anyone say if I've got this right?

should be in socket umc8 on the motherboard, but if I remember right if your original board is a different version than the replacement, changing it will not work. (the boards have to have same part and revision number)

You also must follow proper ESD guidlines.

The 1395 and the FlexPak3000 are similar in that they are DC drives, the structures are totally different.
The 1395 is Allen Bradley and the FlexPak3000 is Reliance, the 1397 AB drive is the AB version of the FlexPak3000.
Each newer main control board on the 1395 had more features than the previous and sometimes the newer boards will not work with your older parameter, also the last version (10) had a problem because it had too many digits on the left of the decimal point.

Tried the UMC8 chip without success earlier (it was the one my supervisor thought it was but wasn't sure, it had been quite a while since we've had this issue). It was most likely due to the fact (as was pointed out above by maxketcham), the boards where different versions. So, moving on to replacing the problem board and reprogramming and tuning the drive. I'm having some communication errors and one board I tried won't let me change certain parameters, such as motor RPM and voltage. Are some parameters specific to their control board. Also, while the power board and PSI board seem to swap OK, are the different adapter boards all compatible? Could a conflict there be causing some of my Comm. problems? Thanks for all the great help thus far and if anyone can clear up some of the rest of this, I'd appreciate it. MaintMike