FTview studio help needed

lbric

Please help

i have an ML1100 connected to my PC via ethernet using rslinx classic lite. in FTview studio ME 6.0, i created a new application and did the communication setup under the rslinx enterprise tab. i setup the device shortcuts for both the design and runtime and verified that its ok.

when i go to the tag browser and go to my plc output folder i only see O:0/0-3 and i am not seing O:0/4-5. i browed through the other folders and everything else look ok except for the outputs. my plc is working fine and i can see the outputs react in rslogix. can someone help me understand why i cant see those last two outputs and how i would be able to get them to show up?

thanks.

In my recollection, the RSLinx Enterprise data table browser only browses to the Word level, and doesn't have a "bit picker" like RSLogix 500 does.

So you're probably seeing O:0.0, O:0.1, O:0.2, O:0.3. All MicroLogix controllers, regardless of their actual I/O capacity, have four words of discrete I/O memory.

The usual technique is to browse as far as O:0.0 and then specify the /00 through /15 bit number manually.

Thanks Ken,

i dont have much experience regarding HMI. i wrote a program to automate a mixer using an ml1100, my boss has worked with PVP 1000 before and he wants to use that. i comfortable with the plc program but dont quite understand the technique you mention below. is there a different method of connecting other than rslinx enterprise that can browse down to the bit level?

on the hmi i want to have buttons tied to binary bits that start timers and i want to have some graphics that animate when outputs are active. i also want to show current values of timers. am i using the correct hardware to do so?

Thanks Ken,

i dont have much experience regarding HMI. i wrote a program to automate a mixer using an ml1100, my boss has worked with PVP 1000 before and he wants to use that. i comfortable with the plc program but dont quite understand the technique you mention below. is there a different method of connecting other than rslinx enterprise that can browse down to the bit level?

on the hmi i want to have buttons tied to binary bits that start timers and i want to have some graphics that animate when outputs are active. i also want to show current values of timers. am i using the correct hardware to do so?

Like Ken said, you will see the words, you will have to supply the bits