PLC with GPS module hookup

d.tildon

Hi Friends,
I'm wanting to install a PLC with a GPS module on a piece of landscape sprayer equipment. The sprayer will be used outdoors and has a 14 HP Kohler engine so there is some vibration. The PLC needs to:
1) Function as a timer and send out a 12 volt signal when a button is pushed to engage the timer.
2) The PLC needs to have controls so I can change the timing "in the field."
3)The PLC needs to store a datalog which would consist of a stamp everytime the timer button is pushed. The stamp should contain the time, date, GPS coordinate and time setting for every button engagement.
4) I would also like to track the engine hours of the kohler.

I am looking for recommendations on PLC's and GPS modules to accomplish this and on how to hook them up.

Kindest Regards
d.tildon

How would I determine if an omron zen 10c3dr d v2 PLC would interface with a GPS module and work for my application?

D,

Based on your limited information of I/O, we have a few possibilities with the controller line we represent - Triangle Research:

http://www.eternity-sales.com/tri-plc/fmdseries.htm

In past applications we have interfaced another control with this Garmin device that output a frequency pulse that would interface to a high speed input.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/digital/prod13195.html

Will you have an internet connection?
How often will you need to log information?

Feel to respond to me via PM or through the link provided in my signature if you have additional questions.