Excel to Wonderware

JodyM

I have been tasked to push data from our Labs Quality data spreadsheet in to our WW historian. First problem the lab techs login to domain and the spreadsheet is located in a share folder on business side of network. I have physical separation between process network and business side. The only connection between the two is my primary DAserver which is dual homed to both networks so I can VPN in to get to the network for after hours troubleshooting. I was able to get it to work by building another WW app and a DDE connection to the spreadsheet and a bunch of excel formulas but it is not ideal, will be a maintenance nightmare and I feel like it opens up my process network to security vulnerabilities. Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks Jody

You could format your excel file into a fast load csv format using some macros. But then you'd have to find a way to drop that csv in to the fast load folder on the historian server.