Comunication between ML 1400 and Red Lion HMI G304K200

ja_varela77

Hi

I want perform the comunication (ethernet) between ML 1400 (IP: 192.168.1.11)and Red Lion HMI G304k200 (IP: 192.168.1.20).

I wrote the secuence in the PLC and two tag to test the cominucation, I want activate the B9:3/0 with the HMI and read the C5:3.ACC from PLC but I cant and I have 3 days trying.

I add programs of the PLC and HMI, please, check it and tell me that I am doing bad.

Thank very much for your support.

Best regards.

I noticed that you still have DHCP enabled on the MicroLogix 1400 Ethernet port. Are you absolutely certain that it is getting the same 192.168.1.11 IP address every time you power cycle it.

I prefer to use Static IP addresses, so I disable BOOTP and DHCP.

Also, you are using the "Allen-Bradley DF1 Master" driver in Crimson 3.

As I understand it, the appropriate driver for the MicroLogix 1100 and 1400 controller is the "Allen-Bradley DF1 Master via PCCC/EIP" driver.

I just checked one of my Crimson programs, and I have the Network Protocol set to "Allen-Bradley DF1 Master via PCCC/EIP", and the PLC Device set to "ENI/Micrologix"

🍻

-Eric

I noticed that you still have DHCP enabled on the MicroLogix 1400 Ethernet port. Are you absolutely certain that it is getting the same 192.168.1.11 IP address every time you power cycle it.
He also has the G3 pointing to 192.9.200.52, and the G3's IP as 192.168.1.20... :unsure:

🍻

-Eric

Our colleague from Mexico's issue is simple: he needs to change to the "PCCC/EIP" version of the Ethernet driver for Allen-Bradley controllers.

But the issue touches on two anomalies in Crimson 3:

1. When you change the Driver, Crimson 3 changes the device IP address under that driver to 192.9.200.52.

That's a little weird. But it's easy to just go back and change it to what it was before.

2. When you change the Driver from DF1 Master to DF1 Master via PCCC/EIP, Crimson 3 may or may not completely thrash your tag database addressing.

What I mean by "may or may not" is that you can avoid this by performing a save-as-with-new-database-identifier before you change the driver. You can also export the tag database, change the driver, then re-import the tag database.

And what I mean by "completely thrash" is that I've had Crimson 3 change several tag addresses when I changed the driver. Some of them were simply offset by a few words, and some of them were changed to data tables that don't exist.

Even with its faults, I like Crimson 3 a lot. But the anomalies I have encountered (there have been others) make me very cautious when I use it.

When you change the Driver, Crimson 3 changes the device IP address under that driver to 192.9.200.52.

That's a little weird. But it's easy to just go back and change it to what it was before.
Wow, I never realized that! Sure enough, when I reopened the original file, it was indeed set to 192.168.1.11. It got changed to 192.9.200.52 once I modified the driver.

Thanks for this info, Ken!... :site:

🍻

-Eric

Thanks

Erick and Ken.
Thanks very much for your support.

I change the driver to Allen-Bradley DF1 Master via PCCC/EIP" and now is working the communication.

I enable the DHCP only to test and I forgot disable.

Again, thanks for your time.

Regards