upload application from HMI PWS6600s to PC

phucnb

Dear All,
I have one old HMI PWS6600S and now I want upload application to other HMI. I set SW7=On then I used ADP V6.7 software and cable RS232 to connect old HMI for upload application. However, its give comunication time out ! What it mean ? Please kindly show me clearly about this problem or help send me a video intruction how to upload application for hmi Hitech pws6600s.

Thanks alot for your help.

Hello Please Help Me

The Same issue I am facing with HITECH PWS6600-S HMI. I want to upload HMI old program but I am not able to do it can you please help me out How to upload it to my PC. Can you please tell me correct procedure.

Find out which COM port of the HMI is the PC cable plugged to.
When the HMI boots in the system menu, go to Confg, ensure the port is enabled and set it as Download/Upload/Copy port.
Then select the port configuration page by PgUp/PgDn, and see the communication parameters (do not change them).
The parameters must be matched in the ADP Options>Transmission Setup.
After that, you should be able to upload from File>Upload Application, if you are lucky and it is not password-protected. Otherwise, the 9-digit password must be entered on the HMI within 10 seconds.
If uploaded successfully, a .AA6 file will be created in the PC.
It must be decompiled into project .V6F file, using File>Reconstruct source. At this point, you will find out whether your ADP version supports the project.
I also recommend to activate "Auto-compile before downloading" in Options>Editing options.
Good luck, and welcome to ask more questions.

Last edited:
Thank Sir
I have selected communication port 2 and same in HMI Config page. I have uploaded "Application file" but when I tried to "Reconstruct" my windows show message "Unfortunately windows has stopped working" and if I say ok it exite from application.

HMI program is built up in year 2009. Now I am trying to upload it in ADP 6.10 version. Is it software version issue???

Pc to Hitech hmi Communication Cable Connection

Dear Troizky,
hope you are doing well., i just got a complain in my company having hitech hmi ., i just need to know the connection between hitech hmi to PC.

can you plz share with me??

Regards:
Asad

Password

Hello Guys!

I actually have an issue about the password.

The instructions that was posted by Sergei Troizky was correct.

However, I ran into a problem with the password. I am trying to download the application from the old HMI to the PC but the 9 digit developer password is needed.

Is there a way to crack the password?

Also, if I do a direct copy, will it ask for the developer password as well?

Never heard of possibility to crack the developer password, but did not really investigate, as never had a need in this.
Be careful with the terminology: "from HMI" is upload, not download.
I have seen people overwriting PLCs and HMIs and loosing the unit content irreversibly, after confusing up- and download.
Not sure what you mean by direct copy.

By the way: did you try the factory default developer password 222183600 ?
A chance is the programmer did not change it.
But be aware- this is not the same as Project Protection Password, which may be defined separately (or may be not, unlike the developer password, which must be defined).

Pws6600

Yes correct. Its actually upload, I got confused the first time as well.

The thing here is, the developer password i need from the previous engineer passed away. We have 6 system that need replacement HMI.

This is my dilemma right now.

I need help. o_O

yes i did, multiple times.

I have memorized that number. You mean, the password being ask for me to upload the application is not the developer password?

No, I don't mean this; it is the developer password necessary for upload.
However, after successful upload the project may appear protected by Project Protection Password.

Hello Guys!

I actually have an issue about the password.

The instructions that was posted by Sergei Troizky was correct.

However, I ran into a problem with the password. I am trying to download the application from the old HMI to the PC but the 9 digit developer password is needed.

Is there a way to crack the password?

Also, if I do a direct copy, will it ask for the developer password as well?
____
it is possible to find out the password but for this you need to read the flash memory dump. I myself was looking for a way from the forums but I never found it. After I read the password-protected HMI my way