PLC-5 and PID Control

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day all. I would like to know if someone could explain how to program in RSLogix5, the PID control settings. I have read the Allen-Bradley material but do not understand it. I have 3 VRT's that are controlled with an SCR each, which are controlled with a 1771-NOCA module. So I have the "PD" instructions that show "Set point, KP, KI, KD, Bias, and MAXS". I have a system that has been in place for years and I am using it to teach myself. I am not intending to make any changes to the system but I have a new project coming my way where I will be needing to make some additions. I have studied the PI and D concept but vaguely understand it. Thank you.

Similar Topics

I am currently trying to implement a process control of the temperature of water going down a drain after it has gone through 2 radiators. I have...
Replies
Views
I am using a LS PLC - DR60SU - to control various control loops. I have set up the PID loops in the PLC and am using an HMI to set the sepoints...
Replies
Views
Hi! I have CP1E-NA series OMRON PLC which is in-built 2 analog inputs and 1 analog output. Verified the inputs and outputs are working well in...
Replies
Views
Dear Friends, i am using Siemens S7200 PLC. my project is i have to control VFD through PID. i made the program and also it works...
Replies
Views
I'd appreciate hearing opinions and experiences of going from discrete controllers to PLC control of temperature. We use a lot of Watlow and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom