S7-400 CPU Replace

isteak007

I have a defective S7-400 CPU 412 (6ES7 412-2XG00-0AB0) now can i replace it
by CPU 414 (6ES7 414-2XG03-0AB0) without changing the program of the Flash Card or without changing any configuration?

According to Siemens it's possible

https://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo&objId=22917711&load=treecontent&lang=en&siteid=cseus&aktprim=0&objaction=csview&extranet=standard&viewreg=WW

QUESTION:
Can I replace a CPU of the S7 400 line by a CPU of the same line with higher performance without having to modify the configuration?

ANSWER:
A CPU can be replaced by one with higher performance (e. g. 412 by 414) and a CPU with n interfaces can be replaced by a CPU with more than n interfaces (e.g. 414-1 by 412-2). Please bear in mind, that the more advanced CPU has order number and release state equal or higher than the original CPU.

Thus, you can still use the existing Memory Card The HW config can remain unchanged, if the module width of the single CPUs matches.

Anyone has any experience on this issue?

According to the Siemens FAQ, yes you can do it if the firmware version is same or higher, if the number of interface ports is the same or higher, and if the CPU width is the same.

Even so, if you have the original program, the better way would be to adapt the program to reflect the new CPU.

According to the Siemens FAQ, yes you can do it if the firmware version is same or higher, if the number of interface ports is the same or higher, and if the CPU width is the same.

Even so, if you have the original program, the better way would be to adapt the program to reflect the new CPU.

Yes I have the original Program, But Without Siemens USB Prommer I can't change the flash card program.