Point to local file from HMI TAG (FTSE 6.1)

xC0MMAND0x

Here's the short straight to the point version - I need to display a PDF file on a HMI. I'm using FTSE 6.1

I have AcroPDF.dll setup and registered. System is W2K8-64bit.

I made a test display, and I can embed the ActiveX control (Screenshot 1) - it's registered and that's working.

I can see the ActiveX object on my TestDisplay (it show's as a PDF icon). I need to point that to look at a file. The only properties I can see are to look for a src Tag. (Screenshot 2)

I have tried to make an HMI tag that's a string, and link the ActiveX element to point to that - which seems to be working.

I can't figure out the syntax for pointing to a local file. I've tried the following Tags as strings:

\\pcname\shared_folder\test.pdf
\\ip_address\shared_folder\test.pdf
C:\path\shared_folder\test.pdf
Documents\test.pdf (Where Documents is C:\Users\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\SE\HMI Projects\HMI_Project)

Any thoughts/ideas? How do I point a String tag to a local file path, and then link that to the ActiveX element? I'm trying to get this working and have tried a lot of different options, but I need some help.

Anything would be helpful.

Thank you!

I solved this!

I ended up using the ActiveX element Microsoft Web Browser.

After embedding that on a display I exposed it to VBA (Right click --> Property Panel --> Expose to VBA - VBA Control).

Then I right clicked on the display itself and added a bit of scripting as such:

Code:
Private Sub Display_AnimationStart()

Me.MicrosoftWebBrowser1.Navigate2 ("\\path_to_share\name_of_file.pdf")

End Sub

Where "MicrosoftWebBrowser1" is the connection for the particular embedded object.

Easy and works perfect! Perhaps this solution will be useful for someone else.

(y)