micro810 SR function

jdmartin

I have an application that requires a contact closure be sent to a water system controller, for a period of 2 minutes, in order to initiate a remote regeneration cycle.

I need to send this contact closure every two days at 02:00hrs.

Is it possible to use the Smart Relay function of the LCD, specifically the TOW, to do this without writing a program via Components Connected Workbench?

I've read through Appendix C of the manual more than once, but don't see a way to do multiple days.

You intend to send this 'signal' every two days at 0200? That is not dependent upon something else happening in the field?

If both answers are 'no', why not let the water system controller do the timing?

There must be more to this . . .

The remote regen signal is not dependent on anything else from the field.

The current water system controller does not have the feature that allows you to define what days of the week you want to regenerate....hence the perfect application for a remote timer, and that's why I chose the micro810....not the cheapest timer by far, but it allows me to learn something about the AB hardware that I currently don't know......

Now I get it. All my control experience is in PLC's/PAC's, and radio-telemetry. Seems like any timer that provides a contact closure and can count to 48 hours would be suitable. Idec jumps to mind.