Micromaster 440 on Profibus

YoungWint

Hi All

I have a project with a MM440 drive on profibus.

What I would like to do is select it into two modes of operation via a selector switch as follows:
DIN1 - Manual
DIN5 - Off
DIN2 - Auto

DIN6 - Aux. Run
DIN3 - EStop
DIN4 - EStop

So far I have been able to get the drive to start and stop via either the switch or profibus.

The issue I have is that in manual to setpoint needs to come from the BOP and in Profibus from the PLC. I dont seem to be able to configure duel sources for the speed.

Anyone advise?

why don't you use a changeover relay to switch from where the reference come. put main reference on NC, aux on NO and COMM to AI of VFD.
that would be on-the-fly suggestion, for other solutions i'd heve to check the manual, but since VFD's have only two built-in inputs, and i assume one of them is taken for process feedback then i don't see anything else.

Configure two comand data sets (CDS) one for auto and one for manual. Change CDS with auto/manual swithch. Check parameters p810 and p811 for this.

p1070(main setpoint)source should be set to profibus control word (p1070 = 2050) when in auto and to MOP(p1070=1050) when in manual.

check p840 - for ON/OFF1 command source.

p844/p845 for OFF2 source.

P848/p849 for OFF3 source.