Control Of Hydraulic Proportional Valves

2rlp

Hi,
I have to design a panel using Delta PLC. I need to interface the PLC with a Hydraulic Proportional valve having the following specs.

24 V DC Max Pressure at 800mA and Max Flow at 800mA.

The Analog O/Ps cannot handle such currents, so how do I interface the Valve & PLC?

Thanks for your replies

Ron

There are 'amplifiers' that convert your analog signal to the corresponding signal what the valve needs. We use those in our plant to control the proportional valves with the 0-10V analog output of our PLC's. Normally the manufacturer of the valve have these standard as a accessories to that valve. You need to look what your analog signal is, when you order one.

Thank you for your reply. I have found that i could use a PWM output along with a SSR to increase the current rating.