RSView 32 Run Command Button Config

krakenfan69

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys. I have a project for an existing system that I need to work on. It has a push button that rather than toggle or set a tag uses the Command radio selection at the bottom in the action tab and the Press action is &control\K4000_Pipe_BD = 0. This initiates a blow down of this particular pipe. I am having difficulty tracking how it relates to the tags in the program which is RSLogix 5. In the RSView project the K4000_Pipe_BD is not a tag in the database. Can someone point me in the direction of where to find the address that command is triggering?

Thanks for any help,

Kraken Fan #69

In the RSView project the K4000_Pipe_BD is not a tag in the database.
It most likely is a tag in ONE of the tag databases. Tags can be put in different database files (there could be more than one database file for the project). Look in the project database tree and see if there are other databases that you are not seeing.

Look in "System", "Tag Database", and see if the tag file in the left tree menu has a "+" in the file folder icon. If it does, your project has more than one tag database. Click on the + and expand the tree to see all of the tag files. Click on each one to search for "K4000_Pipe_BD". It could be under a menu named "K4000" or maybe "Pipe".

Last edited:
It is Lancie. I did a search of the database and it didn't come up. However, the &control\blah_blah_blah hides it in plain sight in the CONTROL folder. Not sure the benefit of this over just creating a tag and toggling it but it's there nonetheless. Maybe this will help someone else someday. lol

Thanks,

Kraken Fan #69

Krakenfan,
What happened to me a lot was a project that had been running for several years got modifed and expanded. That meant you either had to add all the new project tags into and amongst the old ones, or create a new database folder named something that related to the new expansion. In your case it seemed they tried to separate the control tags from all the other tags for some reason.