a queston about COP instruction

angi

Hi guys

in Logix5000, there is a INT value which is saved in two SINT tags, "A[0],and A[1]", I want to do is convert them into value of a INT tag, what I going to do is COP A[0] and[1] into a INT tag B.
in COP instruction, Source is tag A, Destination is tag B, and Length is 2.
is this right?

thanks

I believe the length should be 1. The reason is the destination size is used to determine how many bytes to copy. Your destination tag is 2 bytes, so when you use 1 as a length, it will copy 2 bytes from the source (which is also 2 bytes).

Similar Topics

I have read the post on this site, but still confused about pulling data out of a ab plc. We have about 50 machines with the micrologix 1200 plc...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone; Could anyone help me about the ladder symbols of IPC90? I have a software and inside it there is a symbol called as TRO, I want to...
Replies
Views
I am trying to copy an array of real numbers into a UDT with a real data type element. I have attached a snip below showing my COP instruction...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I have a Danfoss VLT feeding an INT into my CpLX program. I need to concatenate the MSB and LSB for position. I used a COP, making sure...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have been looking for a reference for the order that a UDT is copied in the COP instruction. More specifically - I have a set of code...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom