B&R Controls (?)

Tweeker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Greetings everyone. I would like to get some information and feedback on B&R Controls. I have never used them before or even heard of them until recently. Please let me know what you think of their PLC and HMI lines and the pluses and minuses of each.

Thank you.

B&R PLC's are good like many other PLC's
they do what is wanted of them.
At the end of the day if you want to comunicate with your mate next door, you could use two cans with a piece of string between them.

My point is, most PLC's will do what you want.

the question is
What Price
How available is it in your area
What is the stock status of parts - same day or 6 ~ 8 weeks
What is the price of the programming software for the PLC
What is the price of the programming software for the HMI

This is the work that you need to do

Also work out the time to get your money back after purchasing the software - or oncharge to customer if you think you can get away with it

Last edited:
B&R PLC's are good like many other PLC's
they do what is wanted of them.
At the end of the day if you want to comunicate with your mate next door, you could use two cans with a piece of string between them.

My point is, most PLC's will do what you want.

the question is
What Price
How available is it in your area
What is the stock status of parts - same day or 6 ~ 8 weeks
What is the price of the programming software for the PLC
What is the price of the programming software for the HMI

This is the work that you need to do

Also work out the time to get your money back after purchasing the software - or oncharge to customer if you think you can get away with it

Thank you for your response. You are correct on those points. I will need to research those for myself.

I wanted to try and get a feel for the presence the company has in the US. How familiar are others with this product. B&R could represent themselves as being global but in truth not have much of a presence outside of say Germany.

:site:

Obviously I have no Idea of the US situation.
Recently I had a project that would have been perfect for the Bechoff PLC system.
the failing point was not included in their quote 6 ~ 8 week delivery
and ofcourse no parts in Australia
they did not get the business

B & R has their US headquarters in Roswell, GA (Atlanta area).
I was involved at a previous job with equipment that used their
servo drives, the folks in Roswell were quite helpful.

The Only reason AB PLC's are popular is because of their marketing when they first started.
similar to Betamax and VHS
Betamax was the best video format but VHS flooded the market.

THEIR SOFTWARE PRICING SCHEME IS #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@