Sinamics Ethernet Connection

Ashwini Sahoo

hiiii everyone

I am using cu 240-e 2pn control unit & IM 151-8 PN/DP cpu.Ethernet cable I am using is 6XV1850-0AH10.

Now my problem is
I am connecting P1 port of PLC to P1 port of first VFD.
P2 port of first VFD to P1 port of second VFD
Similarlly P2 port of second VFD to P1 port of third VFD
Like this I have connected 7 VFDs.
Now my doubt, Is the connection right?
OR I have to use ethernet switch.

Your using the G120 basically as a switch
So your ok
If you put your connections in the topology editor the p1 etc
Ports must be wired as the topology editor is configured

You should consider if it is possible that some part of the system is shutdown, but the rest of the system should still be able to operate.
If this is not the case, you can connect in any which way.
If it is the case, then you must make sure that something that needs to be able to operate isnt disconnected when something else is shutdown. You may have to cleverly design the order in which one device links to the next device. Or you may have to use a switch to distribute all connections.