How to get rid of -- 17056 i.e. Group/axis consequential error in TWINCat System

I am using TWINCat PLC to control two Rexroth Indra Drives (say drive A and drive B) via a virtual axis (say V).

Basically, B has to speed up and match the speed A. B is coupled to V by MC_GearInDyn and V is then coupled to A by MC_GearInVel. To stop B without stopping A, I decouple V from A and so it stops and then B follows that and stops and A remains rotating. This logic works most of the times, but I sometimes get an error in my Virtual Axis. Since it is not a real error, I have to shutdown whole machine in order to clear it. The error, as described in TWINCat Info System, is “17056 i.e. Group/axis consequential error”.

Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks in advance...

If you go into System Manager into each axis and clear the error (F8) in the online tab, will that reset the alarm without a power cycle?

Hey,
Thanks for the reply.
I tried doing that in several occasions of this error and that does resets the error but then suddenly the axis name fades, I mean the system manager window becomes inactive so I left with nothing but to restart.

Can you give me more details like when this error 17056 generates in system ?
I can post more detailed explanation from TWINCat Info System about the error detail, if you want.

Thanks,
Saurabh

17056 is a consequential error. You need to find the original error and fix it. Find the original error by monitor the errors/warnings/hints in the system manager. You may have to enable showing of the logger window.

A MC_Reset should reset the 17056 after the original MC or drive fault has been reset.