WallClockTime RSLogix 5000 GSV questions

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am trying to get the Wall clock time with GSV.
I was looking at this you tube video Here,
I noticed that the Data type that they picked was Date_And_Time.
Is it possible that I don’t have this Data Type?
I am using 1769-L30ERM
Is there another way to get the Date, and time?
Maybe I can use Data type DINT?
Thanks

DateTime.jpg

The first comment on YouTube asks the same question, so it's clear that the video maker skipped over the fact that he created a User-Defined Data Type to hold the 7 DINT values that you get when reading the DateTime attribute with a GSV.

I usually just use a DINT[7] type array tag, rather than creating a UDT.

We do the same as Ken, 7 DINT array.

If you want a good bit to flash something on/off (like an indicator) DINT[6].19 works good. :)

Got it,
The Video added a few extra items;
TS_Second
TS_Hour
Second_Sent_Back
I don't think those were necessary, but I put them in just in case, and it all worked out OK.
Thanks

UTC Warning

DateTime is UTC and it should be noted does not use daylight savings time.

LocalDateTime includes a regional offset (such as eastern standard time) and often includes daylight savings time.

Select the one that makes sense for you. I generally use DateTime and add the offset and DST myself in my UDT.