Devicenet File

jashwa

I am currently working on a project were I need to make some changes to a compactlogix system. My company did not originally install the PLC and it has a scanner for devicenet. I am not very familiar with devicenet and wanted to make sure that if I uploaded the program made my changes then downloaded it back to the controller I wouldn't have any issues with the scanner configuration.

Thanks
Josh

Hi Josh

The simple answer is yes but there never is just a simple answer.
First
If all the items are Allen Bradley then it's easier. You can just go online scan the network and when you are happy that you can see all the nodes you can right click on the page and upload from all devices.
Now if you are adding a new node then you just wire up
Your new node set a node address not already used and less than 62. Rescan your network and it should now be there, go to you scan list map it across and set up your I/o in the input and output tabs, download to the card and it should work as long as you get the correct amount if input and output bytes.
It is a little it different if it's not an Ab part but let us know and we can cross that bridge if needed

Donnchadh

The Scanlist configuration is stored in the 1769-SDN DeviceNet scanner itself, and the configuration of the network slave devices is stored in their memory.

So an upload of the CompactLogix controller program itself won't affect the DeviceNet configuration at all.

As has been mentioned, if you need to configure the DeviceNet scanner or something on the network, you're going to need RSNetworx for DeviceNet software.