initialize a string ML1100

ewiesmei

anybody know how to programmatically initialize a string i.e use a string constant - i'd like to compare an incoming string and don't want to have to worry about the constant string being accidentally changed in the data table ...
controller = AB ML1100

I don't think RSLogix 500 has any instructions that will handle string constants (unless you're dealing with ASCII data files but they only handle 2 characters per element).

Your best option is to put the constant in a string data file and turn on data file protection as ianingram suggested.

found it :0)

hi guys - thanks for the quick responses
i found an old post from 'daba' that helped me find the solution:
fill the string 2 characters at a time using the following syntax -
MOV
18537 18537 = 72("H") * 256 + 105("i")
N7:0

MOV
N7:0
ST9:0.DATA[0]

MOV
ST9:0.LEN