String WinCC Flex Portal and Simatic does not match ???

userxyz

Hello,

I'm having troubles with strings...
DB761.DBX16.0 is the offset for a string... in the HMI, this works the way it should, but in the PLC, the first 2 bytes are rubbish ... ?? The same problem appears on an other stringtag ??

What's wrong ?

Here some screenshots:

1.jpg

2.PNG

3.jpg

Thanks,

Kind regards,
Combo

Erp

Thanks,

ERP reads the String via OPC. The problem is that they see those 2 byte's,
is there a way to filter out those 2 bytes ? Maybe send it in an other format... ?

Kind regards,
Combo

The first two bytes in a string contain the max string length and the actual string length.

Then they read the STRING in a wrong way. The two initial bytes is part of the format for a STRING and should be interpreted properly by the OPC server. The two bytes cannot be ignored.
Do they read as a STRING or as an ARRAY of CHARs ? If the latter then it explains it.

You can send and they can read as an ARRAY of CHARs instead of a STRING, but that only works if the text to transfer always has a fixed length.