Panelview plus 700 not a valid device

burropardo

I have a problem trying to upload a program from a Pv+700 2711-t7c4d1 With firmware 5.0.1 .
The rslinx dettect the ip from my Pv but wen i start the transfer utility And select from the source my panel an error apear And it reads the source selected is not a valid device i attach a pictures from my fault

What version of FactoryTalk View Studio are you running ?

RSLinx Enterprise is the communication driver software used by FactoryTalk View and by the Transfer Utility, and version support is hard-coded into every release. If your software doesn't support that revision of PanelView firmware, you can't upload from it.

It is usually very easy to copy *.MER runtime files onto CF cards or USB drives from the PanelView Plus terminal's configuration screen. That would be my approach.

What you do with the *.MER file once you've copied it from the terminal is a different question. Rebuilding a FactoryTalk View Studio project from a Runtime is not necessarily an easy task.

ftvme v5.0

What version of FactoryTalk View Studio are you running ?

RSLinx Enterprise is the communication driver software used by FactoryTalk View and by the Transfer Utility, and version support is hard-coded into every release. If your software doesn't support that revision of PanelView firmware, you can't upload from it.

It is usually very easy to copy *.MER runtime files onto CF cards or USB drives from the PanelView Plus terminal's configuration screen. That would be my approach.

What you do with the *.MER file once you've copied it from the terminal is a different question. Rebuilding a FactoryTalk View Studio project from a Runtime is not necessarily an easy task.

it is the right version for this pv? any another advise? thank you in advance

I am having the same issue right now I can get my pic to talk to my panelview but will not download keeps saying destination invalid been fighting this for 2 days

I am having the same issue right now I can get my pic to talk to my panelview but will not download keeps saying destination invalid been fighting this for 2 days

You already have a thread going to get help with this issue, please don't raise another thread from the dead or create new posts. It won't help get any more attention, it'll just cause confusion.