Some routines has “Source protection” in RS Logics 5000.

AB2005

Hi;

We have an HMI at corrugator machine designed in factory talk. I can open the RS Logics PLC program from this HMI and all the sub routines opens without any problem. But if I copy that PLC program and open in my Laptop and open some sub routines, a message appears in bottom message bar Source not available. Can you guide me which kind of source is this and can I copy this source from HMI PC to my Laptop?

You need to copy the Source Key file (SK.DAT) from the HMI computer to your laptop.

You also need to make sure that your laptop has the Source Protection feature installed along with RSLogix 5000 if you are going to change any of the security settings.

You need to copy the Source Key file (SK.DAT) from the HMI computer to your laptop.

You also need to make sure that your laptop has the Source Protection feature installed along with RSLogix 5000 if you are going to change any of the security settings.

I think i dont have "Source Protection feature" in my Laptop. See the summary and guide how to install.

Built on: 09/25/10 15:16:51

Installed Components:
Ladder Diagram
Function Block Diagram
Motion
Trending
External Routines
Structured Text
Sequential Function Chart

Installed Controller Support:
ControlLogix5500
CompactLogix5300