Bosh Rexroth - Sometimes ... a brushless motor is moving in a wrong direction

mrdevito

Hi guys,

I have a problem with a brushless motor controlled by an axis controller.
Sometimes the motor starts moving backward and I need to stop/start it again in order to fix the problem (infact after a restart the motor works in the right way). Also putting a flag on "move always forward" (drive options) I had the same problem.

Have you any idea about the possible problem?

Thanks in advance.

Denis

What sort of motor is it Servo, Stepper, Three phase, Single phase.

Name plate data, Manufacturer, Model number.

Axis controller, Manufacturer, Model number, etc.

Without any of this data it is difficult to give a sensible answer for you, as brushless motor covers a wide range of motors in fact probably the majority of them.

The comment "move always forward" option suggests intelligent controller, most likely a servo.
Doubt VFD/AC motor for an "axis controller".

Is drive method Step/Direction or Analog? Can you monitor Direction signal or Analog polarity?
The main thing to determine is if the problem is with PLC/Software, or the servo drive. My first guess is servo drive.

I would check the wiring. I had something like this happen to me once. They blamed the motion controller but it was the wiring between the drive and some sensors that was wrong. The motor couldn't tell where it was because the hall effect sensors weren't working right.

I could quickly prove with our plotting software that the controller was sending a control signal with the right polarity. Figuring out why the drive and motor didn't do what it took some time.

Last edited:
I had a similar problem with U3000 and a servo motor, as Peter said it turned out to be an incorrectly wired encoder cable, once that was fixed the motor worked properly.

Is this a new installation or an old system that has just started to do this?

Alan

... more information...

@ alan : it's a new sistem, as I told before 2 motors works fine (well sinchronized) but sometimes at "startup" they starts moving in the wrong direction and you need to stop/start them again in order to see them working in the right direction.

[FONT=&quot]The motor-id is MSK061C-0600[/FONT] (synchro servo motor). Tomorrow i will be on site and I can give you more information if needed.

Thanks in adavance.

Denis

...more information....

Follow more information about the "system" ....

MOTOR TYPE: 3 phase permanent magnet motor msk061c-0600-nn-m1-ug1-nnnn mnr:r911315844 fw12w04

PPC TYPE : bosh rexroth R22-1n-t-nn-p2-nn-fw // fwa ppcr2*-GP*-11V47

DRIVE TYPE: csb01 1n-se-ens-nnn-nn-s-nn-fw // mnr: r911305276 fd:12w07

are sufficient? Someone know the problem that I found on my system?

Thanks in advance.

Denis

@ alan : it's a new sistem, as I told before 2 motors works fine (well sinchronized) but sometimes at "startup" they starts moving in the wrong direction and you need to stop/start them again in order to see them working in the right direction.
Denis
And that is exactly what the motors did that I am talking about. It has to do with the hall effect sensors. Once the motor turned enough it would sometime 'find' itself and work right but the initial start was often wrong.

Check the wiring. Give the drive open loop command signals. This way if the motor goes the wrong direction you know it isn't the external encoder. If your encoder is internal then you can only check the wiring.