Getting rid of UNK instruction without downloading ????

darkesha

Software: RS 5000 v18.02

This is my second time running into UNK instruction. Rung is in e mode, with UNK instruction replacing original MOV instruction in there.

The PLC does use this instruction since tag in original MOV is being updated.

Problem arises when I try editing program in some other location, editing fails since it errors out on unknown instruction in rung X.

I would like to delete the UNK or the whole rung, but I can't assemble it since I get the same error - the UNK is in r (original) rung.

Last time I made a change in offline project and had to download it when possible.
I wonder if anyone has other solution for getting rid of it ?

Are you saying that the Unknown (UNK) instruction was already compiled and downloaded?

Try replacing the rung instructions with an NOP instruction.

Can't. It still exist in r Rung, so it kicks out while assembling.

And yes, it's part of the PLC - comes with it when uploading.

Actually, when I went step by step with
1. edit mode
2. change UNK to NOP
3. accept edits
4. test edits
5. assemble edits

Pressing the Finalize All Edits button after step 2 was not able to get rid of it.

Fix the Subroutine with the problem offline. Export that subrountine as a LK5 file. (Right click on Sub. and choose export routine) Import that subrountine into online program it will overwrite the existing and you can choose to accept edits as an option when you import.

When you get the chance export the whole program to a LK5 and import it back in to same file. Use it to overwrite the existing file. What has happened is the program stored that UNK to that address of the MOV. This happens when typing code in using mnemonic's and you make a typing error. If you export the file to LK5 and re-import it will remove that error.

Check out this Thread:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=77171

Last edited:
Actually, when I went step by step with
1. edit mode
2. change UNK to NOP
3. accept edits
4. test edits
5. assemble edits

Pressing the Finalize All Edits button after step 2 was not able to get rid of it.

Thank you for responding with this. I used this just now and it worked for me as well.