PLC and Iridium satellites

diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
has anyone used any type of PLC to generate the required AT commands to send a "short burst data" message thru an Iridium satellite modem? This would be used in remote locations where there are no other options for communications. Probably a longshot but just wanted to put out some feelers while I look into using this method.

I ran into the same problem, so my company developed a small iridium Modbus transceiver so we could bring in remote rtu's. We can use either serial or tcp. Works great within specifications.

Similar Topics

Posted this to Reddit with little success, so I figured I would share it here as well. Very new to PLCs, but figured I would give it a shot to...
Replies
Views
I have a machine which is undergoing upgradation. As part of the process two SEW drives are being replaced., existing Gen B with new Gen C. The...
Replies
Views
I was loading a program onto an XE1e2 PLC and it got stuck on these two windows and won't progress. It won't let me connect from the PC to reload...
Replies
Views
I'm a beginner in the automation field and I've set up an automation system connecting several devices (datalogger, radio, etc.) via Modbus RS485...
Replies
Views
I have a file which I'm hoping is for a Mitsubishi A172SHCPUN processor but I can't see how to open it in GX Developer V8.102G The file is a zip...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom