VersaMax Genius NIU card AI/AO Address Range

adnan_hayat88

I am currently working on an project which involves upgrading an 90/70 system to Rx7i system. The 90/70 controller has been replaced by Rx7i CPU. Now i am integrating new IO`s using VersaMax modules connected over Genius bus.

I am addressing the new IO`s after the existing addresses. But when I configure an NIU card it defines an addressing range of 0-64 for Analog inputs and outputs. I want to edit the starting range for example make it 65-128. Please help me out

The NIU card is the wrong place to set the addresses. You need to configure the Genius Bus Controller in the Rx7i to put the 64 words of %AI data it gets from the VersaMax Genius NIU into %AI65 - %AI128.

Thanks for the reply Steve. But I have already done that but to no avail. The GBC does not pick data from AI65 rather it gives data in between AI 1-64. Am I missing something else?

Assuming that all you have in the VersaMax I/O drop is 64 words of %AI data, the configuration of the GBC tells it, 1) to expect to receive 64 words of data from the NIU at that Genius Bus address, and 2) where in PLC memory to put those 64 words of data.