PCCC Messaging. RFID ethernet.

yasirkhi

Hi There,

I have been trying to communicate IC-KP2-2HB17-2V1D (pepperl and fuchs)and Slc5/05 via msg instruction. But not luck yet.

Has anybody tried it. Or I have to use Rslogix5000 for that project. Any help would be much appreciated.

What OS and Firmware revision is your SLC-5/05 ? Very old controllers that don't support "multi-hop" messaging won't support PCCC over EtherNet/IP.

Make sure that you are using the "Multi-Hop" option on the Message instruction. Configure it as though the message was going to a ControlLogix in Slot 0.

What is the exact error code you are getting ? Can you describe in detail the settings you used for the MSG instruction ?

SLC-5/05 controllers with firmware from the past few years (I think FRN10 and 11) have the Ethernet Explicit Message (EEM) as well, which might help you read EtherNet/IP Assembly objects.

Ken,
Please check the attached program just to test the data receiving from RFID.
Please check the pdf file from this link. http://www.pepperl-fuchs.us/usa/en/classid_2474.htm?view=productdetails&prodid=40511

It says in pdf to use pccc messaging when communicating PLC5 or SLC5/05.

Am I doing something wrong that I don't read anything from the tag. I set the tag on continuous scan mode.

If you watch this link for compactlogix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxt1khYCaxY&feature=share&list=UUImjaJysobznc5A1Ce0hM2A may help , how to work with SLC5.

thanks.