Auto Update Image in FactoryTalk View SE

rberghammer

Hello, I am trying to create a project that displays an image from the local computer and automatically updates the image at specific intervals.

A separate program will be updating the image file on the computer and I need factorytalk to reload the picture every so often to keep the image updated.

The image object used in factorytalk seems to only load the image once and does not update it if the image changes. I have also tried ActiveX objects, but I can't seem to get the "Invoke" command to work properly.

Any ideas?

Nothing is simple in FTView.
You need to close the window with the image, issue the FTView "Flushcache" command, and then re-open the window with the image.
You can do that from a macro, triggered from an event either fired based on time, or from your PLC.

Thanks for the reply. That was the only solution I could find as well. I was hoping to build some type of auto refresh feature, but it doesn't look like that is possible.

Hello, I am trying to create a project that displays an image from the local computer and automatically updates the image at specific intervals.

A separate program will be updating the image file on the computer and I need factorytalk to reload the picture every so often to keep the image updated.

The image object used in factorytalk seems to only load the image once and does not update it if the image changes. I have also tried ActiveX objects, but I can't seem to get the "Invoke" command to work properly.

Any ideas?

I do this with ACP thin manager and it's simple. Like rdrast said anyway you do it with View SE is going to be PITA

Have you found a solution for your project ?

I haven't found a solution that I like. For now I just have a refresh button with a macro to flush the cache and re-open the display like rdrast suggested. When I have more time I will do some more research into ActiveX objects because I would think there would be something capable of auto refreshing.

You might have some success embedding a web browser in the FTView display page (which is sort of ironic, since FTView client is nothing but a glorified web browser itself).

As in so many areas, FTView is a horrible HMi choice.