Using a variable to index an array of strings?

lufen

I have a variable IDX that varies from 0-10, can I use the following:

CONCAT ArrayStr[IDX] ArrayStr[5] Destination

To write to a string destination? I'm using ladder diagrams and it's showing "??" under Source A where I'm using IDX to call for a string, and showing the correct 'string' under Source B where I'm calling the 5th member of ArrayStr.

Yep, that's fine - since IDX is variable, RSLogix5000 doesn't display the associated string, even though it probably could....

2013-09-10_201524.jpg

Similar Topics

How do I use a variable as an index for an array? I can't seem to do it. I have tried L variable T "P1_DATA_LOG".DATA[#index] // array of...
Replies
Views
Long story short, I am creating a display to display an array of Strings from PLC [topic]VarStrA_RPHD.Desc[VarStrB] totally 100 strings...
Replies
Views
So I know that in RSLogix 5000 you can use a tag in place of a static number in an argument of any instruction. For example... If I wanted to...
Replies
Views
Good Morning , I am using a Piloted List Selector , in conjunction with a Numeric Input Cursor . The first several states in the Piloted...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am an automation Student and I'm new to PLC programming with Allen Bradley Rs Logix 500. I have to upgrade an actual automated...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom