RSVIEW 32 Combobox How TO?

mohamedcito

Hello,

Is the first time that I'll use an activex control on RSview 32, in this ocassion, I want to use a ComboBox, but I don't know how to add the list values, when I go to the property panel, it shows me, the list field, highlited in blue, and I cannot write on.

Thank you for your help,:confused:

i got this from AB's knowledge base i havent used RSVIEW 32 before but i copied and pasted what i got from their site hope it helps

27355 - Using a multicolumn ListBox or ComboBox in an RSView32 graphic

Access Level: TechConnect
Date Created: 01/16/2004 12:00 AM
Last Updated: 02/19/2013 03:22 AM

Background:
In some cases it may be desirable to create multi-columned lists in an RSView32 graphic. The Microsoft ListBox and ComboBox controls are one way to approach this.

Solution:
Both controls use the same basic syntax. IMPORTANT: the control must be defined to have more than 1 column. To configure this, right-click on the control and choose the "ActiveX Property Panel". From here, set the Column Count property on the Properties tab to the desired number of columns. The example below shows how to populate a ListBox, but a ComboBox could just as easily be used.

Invoke ListBox.ListBox1.AddItem("Item1")
Invoke ListBox.ListBox1.List(1,1,"Test")

The first Invoke command uses the AddItem method to add the specified string to the current row in column 1. The second Invoke command uses the List method to insert text in the second column. The parameters of the List method are row, column and item to be added.

Building upon this syntax, it is possible to use a tag placeholder to pass variable data to the control. By enclosing a tag name in dollar signs ($tagname$), the value of the tag is used. In our modified example, we use three tags -Row,Column andListString1 and ListString2 - to pass our data to the control. IMPORTANT: $tagname$ is only evaluated when first called. This means that tag value changes won't be seen until the screen is redisplayed. Therefore, instead of putting the commands directly into the command buttons, we will put them in macros that are called from these buttons. Below are the commands to be placed in the macros AddItemListBox and AddItemComboBox:

AddItemListBox:
Invoke Me.ListBox1.AddItem($ListString1$)
Invoke Me.ListBox1.List($Row$,$Column$,$ListString2$)

!This next line is optional and automatically increments the Row tag
Row = Row + 1

AddItemComboBox:
Invoke Me.ListBox1.AddItem($ListString1$)
Invoke Me.ListBox1.List($Row$,$Column$,$ListString2$)

5982 - Using a ListBox ActiveX control in RSView32 displays

Access Level: TechConnect
Date Created: 03/17/1998 02:15 PM
Last Updated: 01/10/2013 03:48 PM

Revision Note: With RSView32 version 6.30.16 the Pause command is now integrated into the RSView32 command set. There is no longer a requirement to install the Resources CD.
Background

This application note describes how to use a ListBox ActiveX control in an RSView32 display.
Example

1. Create a display (for example "ListTest").
  2. Insert an ActiveX control, selecting Microsoft Forms 2.0 ListBox from the list of ActiveX controls (It will be automatically named Listbox1).
  3. Add a memory string tag called MyString to the tag database.
  4. Right-click on the ListBox control and select Animation-ActiveX Control-Properties.
  5. Map the Value property to the MyString tag.
  6. In the Display Settings Behaviour tab, type in "SetList" as the Startup command.
  7. Add a string display and set its tag to MyString.
  8. Open the macro editor, and save the following as a macro called "SetList". The Pause command allows the display to finish initializing the ActiveX control so that the AddItem method will function correctly in the screen startup macro.
Pause

Invoke ListTest.Listbox1.AddItem( "Item 1",-1)
Invoke ListTest.Listbox1.AddItem( "Item 2",-1)
Invoke ListTest.Listbox1.AddItem( "Item 3",-1)
Invoke ListTest.Listbox1.AddItem( "Item 4",-1)
Invoke ListTest.Listbox1.AddItem( "Item 5",-1)
Invoke ListTest.Listbox1.AddItem( "Item 6",-1)
  1. Run the display. Note that the list box populates with the strings "Item 1" through "Item 6". The Invoke command also supports the keyword ME in place of the display name. The ME keyword allows the macro to populate the ListBox of various screens.
  2. Click the list box, the string tag updates to reflect the selected item.

Question About, listindex property

Thankyou dbh6 for your resposne, it helpme a lot.....
I still having some troubles regarding this implementation.

This is the situation, I want to use the listindex property, because I dont want to use strings on the PLC, so with just the index number is enought for me, but when I tried to define this tag in the property pannel, and I run the HMI, it give me a Invalid property value error msg, in the other hand I'm able to read correctly the value in the tag that I've defined, but still having the disturbing error msg.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards