Mitsubishi Fx2nc

thierry2003

I have a project where the FX2NC looks like the ideal solution.
However, I need to connect the a pc (for programming) and a touchscreen at the same time. What are my options to provide an extra programming port?
I've looked into using the FX2NC-232 ADP or the FX-BOX-ET-10T (ethernet interface) but I am not sure if it would work.
Anyone knows?

Thanks

To bad those E-terminals are so expensive.
I love their functionality but I think I try something like the G3 series from Red Lion.
Anyway, are you sure I can program the PLC using the 232 ADP?
So instead of the standard programming cable I'll use a standard RS 232 cable, right?
Or will he ethernet module work? Documentation is really limited on that subject....

thierry2003 said:
Anyway, are you sure I can program the PLC using the 232 ADP?

I've never used one, so I can't be certain. The manual states that it can be used "to connect a programming tool", so you should be able use a standard cable. The port is wired as a DTE device (just like your computer), so you'll need a null-modem cable.

If you don't already have it, the manual for the FX2N-232-BD is available HERE. It has good connection diagrams.

beerchug

-Eric

I've used RS232 card with FX1N (FX1N-232-BD) and it works just fine with all PLC programming functions.
And it was much cheapper that SC09 ;)
FX2N should be the same

Last edited:
Thanks for the answers.
I'll check again on pricing of the Mitsubishi and Beijers terminals and use one of those if the price is right.
If not the 232 will be used.
Thanks

I always have an extra 232 port on hand for those Fx.

They are real cheap and usefull when having to work with HMI AND PLC at the same time.

I would have both programming softweare running and can modify the two simultaneously.

(here they cost 65$ canadian which comes to $4.99 US):)

After my program is finish I just pull it out and keep it.