point I/O again!

PLC Pie Guy

Hello all. I am once again having an issue with a point I/O system. I have a 1734-IR2/C RTD card in a 3 slot 1734-AENT/A.
It is talking to a softlogix chassis that is working just fine. On the AENT all my lights are green and netwok activity is flickering, good. The problem is with the IR2/C. The lights are green for module status and network status. I am only using one input on the card and that led 0 is solid green. The unused input is orange 1. When I look at the module in RS5000 it is faulted with an error of 16#0301, Connection Request Error: Out of buffer memory. I have tried to re-seat the module and re-power. No luck. Any suggestions?

Have you checked the configuration of the AENT with RSLinx? Is the configured number of slots correct?

Since, you're at a loss, I'll throw out some ideas, but I don't think they are necessarily what you are seeing.

I've seen 16#0301 errors when there are too many CIP connections to the AENT module (which is limited to twenty connections). Mainly due to too many safety modules (which consume two connections each). With only three modules. This shouldn't be a problem.

Besides the IR2/C module what else is in the chassis? How many connections are being made to the module? This isn't a redundant set-up is it?

It is not a redundant module. Also there are two other cards in the rack, one being my 1734_Aent and the other is a two input card.

you dont have any yellow triangles on the P2P module
you might need to confirm the rack

RA Tech support says I need to flash the firmware. How would I have an issue with firmware just pop up? I have had my share of issues with these Point I/O set ups. They seem to be rather troublesome. Maby it shoud just go on the heap with the rest of my older PLCs.