Mitsubishi Handy GOT F943GOT-SBD-RH Issues

crev64

Hey all,

I'm in the middle of retooling an old nitto seiko screw robot and have been having trouble with the teach pendant (Mitsubishi Handy GOT F943GOT-SBD-RH). Originally the key would spin and wouldn't make the connection to allow me to enter teach mode. I opened up the teach pendant and found a loose connection which I soldered. Now when I plug it in, everything works except the screen doesn't light up. The buttons at the bottom work and I can even click on the screen where the buttons should be and it beeps like I clicked something. I looked and looked for something to be unplugged inside there but couldn't find anything.

Does anyone have any experience in this type of thing?

Thanks,

Crev64

welcome to the site
Normally I would advise not to do anything without backing up the program.
the age of that screen would suggest you have lost the program
check the back light connections
also there is a contrast control I think it is 0 ~ 100
Not certain how to fix - 3 am here And I am sick