Citect SCADA Report from CSV data based on User Date selection.

TuckerJ

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping we have some Citect SCADA Experts here. I am new to Citect and not finding it the most user friendly SCADA Package to use.

I Currently have some total flow values being logged into a CSV file at midnight each night. The CSV Format is Column A = Date, B= Time, C= Flow1, D=Flow2, D=Flow3, D=Flow4. This was done by creating a Device (ASCII_DEV)that Reads the associated tags and writes them to a CSV by way of a an Event trigger.(this was the easy part)

The Client wants to be able show Monthly or Annual Flow totals.

How can i create a user interface that can search the CSV file and pull back the data required and sum the selected data.

For instance the User inputs January 2012 Monthly report. How can i get Citect to search the CSV for All January 2012 daily flows and report them back in a viewable format on the SCADA.

If anybody has any ideas of where i would start on this i would be very grateful.

Yours Hopingly!!

Tucker

I think you are making it hard for yourself. I would have used the SQL database device and logged the data to a database then all you need to do is a simple query to get whatever you need.
You can use any SQL backend, I would personally use MySQL (can't beat the price Free, and considerably smaller install than MSSQL)

Geoff,

Thank you for your response and advice. Like i mentioned i am new to Citect and i am having to learn it myself as the company wont provide me with any training and i am finding Schneider Technical support very unhelpful. All they are good at doing is pointing you to their example project and knowledgebase. I will admit i have not really used SQL but i guess now is the time to learn as alot of SCADA packages are now using SQL as part of their system.

Hi,

I did (sometime ago) something similar to what you are trying to do.

Without going to much into detail (because I can't remember the details), what I ended up doing was importing the CSV file into excel.

Hang on... It wasn't a CSV file, it was a *.dbf file - unsure if that matters.

At the start of a new batch of product, the data was written in one row, across several columns

Once the data was in excel, the data was then manipulated or sorted on a separate worksheet to produce totals etc using a pivot table.

Hope that helps, let me know if you need more info..

Hi Tucker,

XLReporter can poll data directly from csv files and generate Monthly or Annual Flow total reports. It stitches multiple csv files (you don't need a database for this) so you can poll data beyond each csv file, thus you can generate monthly or annual report from daily csv files.

Try the beta of version 11 from www.TheReportCompany.com. Video showing how it works is available as well (see Reporting from Text Files).

I hope this helps.

Bill

Last edited: