Intouch 10.1, InfoAppActive(InfoAppTitle("IEXPLORE"))==1 does not work in WIN 7

Missy5

Intouch 10.1, InfoAppActive(InfoAppTitle("IEXPLORE"))==1 does not work in WIN 7

Hi,

I am trying to open Internet Explorer on button in InTouch 10.1 (WIN 7) with this script, which is working fine in WIN XP:

IF InfoAppActive(InfoAppTitle("IEXPLORE"))==1 THEN
ActivateApp InfoAppTitle("IEXPLORE");
ELSE
WWStartApp("IEXPLORE");
ENDIF;

I changed "IEXPLORE" to "chrome" and code is working in WIN 7! I don't know why does not work with "IEXPLORE"?

IF InfoAppActive(InfoAppTitle("chrome"))==1 THEN
ActivateApp InfoAppTitle("chrome");
ELSE
StartApp "chrome";
ENDIF;

Any suggestions? Is the app. title different in WIN7?
thk
missy5

It works fine for me in windows 7. The issue maybe in your script you use WWStartApp("IEXPLORE"); to start explorer and StartApp to open chrome. Try removing "WW" prior to StartApp.

ELSE
WWStartApp("IEXPLORE");
ENDIF;

ELSE
StartApp "chrome";
ENDIF;

EDIT: Nice timing Scott.

Hi Missy

i think your problem lies here WWStartApp("IEXPLORE"); it should be StartApp("IEXPLORE");

Regards

Brendon

Hi,

I am trying to open Internet Explorer on button in InTouch 10.1 (WIN 7) with this script, which is working fine in WIN XP:

ELSE
WWStartApp("IEXPLORE");
ENDIF;

I changed "IEXPLORE" to "chrome" and code is working in WIN 7! I don't know why does not work with "IEXPLORE"?

ELSE
StartApp "chrome";
ENDIF;

Any suggestions? Is the app. title different in WIN7?
thk
missy5

Hi,

Tkanks for suck quick respond from all of you.

In my first post I didn't mention that the script opens Internet Expolorer just fine regardless WWStartApp but when I re-click the button one more Internet Explorer opens not the same one.

I put MessageBox in my script and test is allways 0 even one Internet Explorer is alredy open. And my scrtipt always opens one more window of Internet Explorer.

DIM test AS INTEGER;

test = InfoAppActive(InfoAppTitle("IEXPLORE"));
MessageBox( StringFromIntg( test, 10 ), "Title", 20 );

ELSE
StartApp("IEXPLORE");
ENDIF;

I'm stuck.

Missy5

Hi Missy

You could try changing the tabbed browsing settings in internet explorer.

tools> internet options > under the general tab there is a button for tab settings.

then under tabbed browsing settings the is a radio button for "always open popups in a new tab" instead of "always open poppus in a new window"

I haven't tried it myself and i suspect it wont help but its worth a try.

Hi Bit_Bucket_07,

I am a long time on WIN 7 and I didn't have any problems with it.

The same code I used on Chrome browser and it works like it should; if chrome browser is already open then it only activates,otherwise opens. And MessageBox was working, I get the wright message from it.

Thanks,
Missy5

I have the same issue

..Identical in all respects, and have tried all above suggestions to no avail. Any solutions out there? I have tried this on both 32 and 64 bit Windows 7 OS's with the same results, Intouch version 10.1, service pack 3. Task Mgr. reports "iexplore.exe" process opens when I execute the code, and simultaneously, "iexplore *32" opens. I have tabbing enabled in IE, but have tried it without as well. No luck.

Workaround for same-named web page

InfoAppTitle apparently does not pick up the process name "iexplore" when using IE Version 10 or 11 (it does work with IE v.8), but ActivateApp and InfoAppActive do work with the Task Manager IE application name. StartApp needs the process name:

IF InfoAppActive("MyWebpage Application Name - Windows Internet Explorer") <>1 THEN
StartApp("iexplore");
ELSE
ActivateApp("MyWebpage Application Name - Windows Internet Explorer");
ENDIF;

And by the way, Microsoft does not give a path to downgrade to IE v.8 for Windows 7. The Intouch folks helped me work this out and are aware of the bug.