DeviceNet Bus wiring

Smitty

Ok so we had two SMC EX250 valve manifolds drop out on two different sides of our network. Then we lost a Red Lion HMI and another EX250. We replaced one of the EX250 manifolds and got it communicating with no problems. We replaced another one and could not get it to talk. We found that the Can-H and the shield were swapped on the two manifolds that started the whole thing. We wired them correctly and then they had no more issues. So we lost three EX250 SI units and one Devicenet module for the G310 HMI. The problem is solved and everything is fine now. I just wanted to ask if anyone has experienced anything like this. I'm thinking that there is no possible way the devices will communicate wired like that. Any thoughts?
:unsure:

Similar Topics

I've wanted to experiment with this for a while, and this morning was the perfect time with the cold, heavy rain. I have a 1756-DNB in my test...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know if its possible to pull a Bus-Off status from a DeviceNet card on a PLC that can be displayed to an HMI screen that the fault has...
Replies
Views
Curious to see if anyone has a recommendation for making this happen. We typically buy presses as a turnkey deal, but for our newest one we are...
Replies
Views
Dear Friends, I am commissioning a plant having Rockwell Automation PLC communicating on Modbus with Schneider soft starter & Drives. For this we...
Replies
Views
I need to design a machine, it will have 5-6 servo motors and around 40 sensors. I am now going to choose how to connect the whole machine. I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom