internal registers/flags AB Micrologix 1000

Dcook87

I'm new to PLC programming. I'm trying to write a program that turns on a LED and flashes it.

I'm trying to find some way to set an internal flag/register that can execute a timer enable function. What instruction do I use to do this?

In the attached image, I want to latch a "flag" on when I turn on "TOG1" and press the "GRN_PB" switch. That flag will turn on the timer and start flashing.

I want to disable (unlatch) this flag when I press "REDPB"

I don't need to use one of the discrete outputs on the PLC since this is internal, so what should I use here?

plc.jpg

With the revision to an Input bit it should work. To be frank - the logic could have been a lot more compact but whatever works - works.

If it is working then we can talk about minimizing and optimizing.

With the revision to an Input bit it should work. To be frank - the logic could have been a lot more compact but whatever works - works.

If it is working then we can talk about minimizing and optimizing.

So the program works, but in its current state, I'm setting an output bit O:0/4 to on to enable the timer. The plc I have only has four outputs, so I'm addressing an imaginary output. Is this the right way to set an "internal flag" or is there another function to use?

Also, is there an easier way to have an output "strobe" like this? What's your suggestion for minimizing the steps in the program?