Micrologic 1200 major error

roneal

Dear all
i have problem with micrologic 1200 with 1672-IR4 RTD module, when im plug the 1672-IR4, micrologix 1200 error "The maximum number of input or output words for the expansion I/O system has been exceeded by module 1" but when i unplug the 1672-IR4 module, the PLC was running well..

Please Help
Many Thanks

How many modules do you have connected?

Can you post your program? Its .RSS file ( zip it first). The program that gives you the error.

ioconfigerror.png

I see nothing wrong with the I/O configuration. Check and double check the ribbon connections before powering up.

hii

i already check ribbon connection, and also the power on 1762-IR4 module is on, so what the meaning of the error msg?

this is the capture
error.jpg

Last edited:
No, i have 4 module of 1672-ir4

But the 4 module was the same, all major error. But if i unplug the module the plc running well

Oops. I shouldn't post late at night when everything is blurry. I have used a ml1200 and didn't remember. Of course you are correct. I had a system with the max 4 modules and had no trouble.

Its possible that there is something wrong with the module, do you have any other type of module to test in that slot?

Its possible that there is something wrong with the module, do you have any other type of module to test in that slot?

I agree, you need to check both the module and the cables/connectors. Also make sure that you haven't bent any pins in the connectors.