Communication problem with plc. S90 micro ok/run led blinking

rek232

Hey guys,
I can't connect annymore with a GE Fanuc Serie 90 micro controller. The OK and RUN light are blinking. I try to connect using PME(v6.00 on xp) but whenever I want to go online it keep retrying and never connect. I tested the port with the Serial Communication Test Utility and it returned "PLC Connected OK at 19200/odd/1 use VPv2" and I use the same setting in Target properties window.

I know the cable(IC690USB901) work because I tested it on an other plc from the same family. I don't have any backup of the program in the plc so a hard reset is not a possible option. Logic Master 90(v9.02) was used to transfer the program into the plc.LM90 wont connect either, when i go online i have the no communication error. I lauched the firmware update utility(3.10) and I am able to attach to slave but i didn't go futher in case this erase the logic.

thanks

Generally when those two LEDs are blinking in unison a about 2-3 Hz on a GEIP PLC it means the PLC is waiting for firmware to be installed.
Step # 11 of the firmware update instructions confirms this.
11. When the download is complete , the PC loader will instruct you to power cycle your Micro PLC. At this time, power cycle the Micro PLC. NOTE: DO NOT TURN OFF PLC POWER WHILE POWERING BACK UP. (The PLC will flash its RUN LED, then turn it off, then flash the RUN LED again. It will then return to boot mode (OK and RUN LEDs will flash). At this point, press any key to continue, as instructed by the update utility. Then press a key again, as instructed by the update utility.

When I upgrade the firmware i get the error Flash Program Failed just after the firmware was transferred to the plc. I follow the procedure from the pdf except for step #2 Place the Micro PLC in STOP/NO IO mode that I can't do because Logicmaster 90/Proficy ME/VersaPro won't communicate with the plc. I am not the guy that put the plc in boot mode first so i don't know what he did prior to lauch the update utility but I guest he didn't put plc in No/io mode since the led still react to sensor.

As I said it has been a very long time since I seen one of those. The new VersaMax Micros have a switch that must be in the OFF position to allow firmware update, also IIRC you must be using the port on the left edge of the processor if it has more than one port.

Not even knowing the model of PLC you have does not help much.
Please read my signature.

Making progress, maybe.
There is no such Model number that I am aware of. If you mean IC693UDR005 then at least we now know that your PLC has two ports.
Are you plugged into the correct port, if yes you need to load the firmware.
If your program was stored in Flash and if the CPU is not dead, the program will still be in Flash after loading the firmware.
If it was not in Flash it is too late to get it back from RAM.
YMMV :)