Logix AOI Custom Changes

BillCarson

Is there a way to customize the display of an instance of a ControlLogix AOI? For example, if an AOI was written to have either a high or low alarm input type, could either of the associated programmed output types be selected to be displayed in the instance? In other words, if the alarm is set to be active when high, then only the 'HighAlarmActive' output would be set to display in Logix when in alarm. Right now when I open the parameters list on the instance, I can view status but not make any custom changes to the display of that instance.

Is there a way to customize the display of an instance of a ControlLogix AOI? For example, if an AOI was written to have either a high or low alarm input type, could either of the associated programmed output types be selected to be displayed in the instance? In other words, if the alarm is set to be active when high, then only the 'HighAlarmActive' output would be set to display in Logix when in alarm. Right now when I open the parameters list on the instance, I can view status but not make any custom changes to the display of that instance.

What it seems like you are asking is whether it is possible to change the visibility of parameters of an AOI in the ladder logic based on tag values or logic states. If this is indeed your question, then the answer is no. The visibility of parameters in an AOI is always static AFAIK.

Now if you are just wanting to change the display of an AOI then you can do this by opening "Instruction Definition" (must be done off-line and downloaded). Keep in mind that any changes made to an AOI have to be done at the definition level, and therefore will propagate to all instances.

HTH

Cheers,
Dustin

Thanks Duncan. Custom visibility for a single instance is what I'd like to have in order to limit the number of AOI templates in a project. Always want to stretch functionality. I can see the box to check but can't change it.