Pausing timers for ml300

hsung2

Hi, I'm looking for a way to pause the timers I have in my PLC. I'm making a program which has a safety switch which is supposed to pause the program when the push button is pushed is activated (stopping all outputs for the duration the button is pushed). How would I make this safety switch momentarily pause all outputs but not resetting my timers?. I'm using ml300. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!!!

I don't know what brand a ml300 plc is, but to answer your question can't you use a retentive timer (RTO) so that when your switch goes true the last accumulated timer count will stay and when the switch foes false the accumulator will keep accumulating from its last value as opposed to zero.

I don't know what brand a ml300 plc is,...
That can be nothing other than a MicroLogix 1500 that has had the MicroLogix 1200 parts removed, leaving only a stripped-down bare-bones lightweight ML300! This PLC is only useful for student training. :rolleyes: