SLC memory question

format C:

Greetings ...

On a SLC 5/04 the manual says there is 28k user memory and 4k data memory.

Looking at the controller properties it states the following:

Memory used: 3646 Instruction words used - 11890 Data table

Memory left: 15181 Instruction words left

My question: Is the memory actually defined as 28k & 4k or is it a pool of 32k? as I cannot see how the numbers match.

Cheers,

F

It was my understanding that this SLC had 32K of total memory. 4K of that total was dedicated strictly for Data Table. The remaining 28K could be used as program storage or for additional data storage as needed.

OG

Similar Topics

To add a memory module or Eprom do I have to add any logic to load from memory or does it do it automatic? memory module type also ?
Replies
Views
Hello PLC friends. I've been going through a saga of diagnosing and fixing an old PLC setup that I inherited. I am learning as I go. Initial...
Replies
Views
My client has 3x 1747-L552 SLC 5/05 plc's on site with 32k memory that we'd like to update the firmware on. I have a test plc which I've already...
Replies
Views
I was working on some SLC's over the weekend and powered down the controls on both as we worked on the system they controlled. When I powered back...
Replies
Views
Customer is trying to save money and get a PLCs with less memory if the existing program will fit. They are concerned that the PLC program may be...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom