indirect addressing

Hi, I'm trying to access a DB whith indirect adressing.
When I have them in this order "Status_HMI".receptnummer gets the value stored in the DB that AR1 + 28.0 points to but not "Status_HMI".datalogsnummer

L DBW [AR1,P#28.0]
T "Status_HMI".receptnummer

L DBW [AR1,P#26.0]
T "Status_HMI".datalogsnummer

When I switch order like down below "Status_HMI".datalogsnummer gets the value stored in AR1 + 26.0 but not "Status_HMI".receptnummer

L DBW [AR1,P#26.0]

L DBW [AR1,P#28.0]

I have no clue to why this happens. Can anybody help me?

You can only have one global DB open at a time.

As you haven't posted all the relevant code, I'll guess you have an OPN DBx before the code you have posted.

Code:

exeutes as follows (I've made up the address as you have posted the symbolic address)

Code:
opn "Status_HMI"
T DBW300

Hi and thanks,I tested it but it still doesn't work. The problem is the same. The first is executed but not the other one. Something happens when the pointer is supposed to load the second one and only gets a "0" even thow there is a value there. But if I switch the order of them the PLC can read it. I can read the adress if I direct adress it. And then I can move it to my DB "status_hmi". So I have access to both DB:s but not two times in a row.

Regards

Hi again. I didn't get properly what you meant. Now I use your code opn "status_hmi" before and between I use opn DB and now it works. So now it works as it should. Thanks very much. Regards Anette

To make this work you need to open the DB you are accessing via AR1 before each and every access as follows:

Code:
OPN "DBSomething"
L DBW [AR1,P#28.0]

OPN "DBSomething"
L DBW [AR1,P#26.0]